Use Pinewood Derby® Racers in Contests
SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE CAR
SUGGESTED CONTEST RULES
- Finished dimensions not to exceed: width - 2 3/4", Length - 7 1/2", Height - 3", Weight - 6 oz.
- Wheel bearings, washers, and bushings not allowed.
- Lubricating is permissible. Graphite is the best, not oil.
- Car must be free wheeling - no starting attachments allowed.
CONTEST FOR BEST DESIGN
- Any car not meeting specifications may be disqualified.
- Two or more cars are raced, cars may be timed, first wins, double elimination, points for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.
- Rerun heat if a car leaves the track or in case of a tie.
CLASSIFICATIONS OF CONTESTS
- All cars must meet specification rules.
- Judging of the cars should be governed by the following factors: Originality - 40%, Workmanship - 30%, General Appearance - 30%
- Cars may be separated by age, grade level, group, child making car by him/herself, Mom or Dad helping, or the ANYTHING GOES adult race.