Of the many lubricants for Pinewood Derby Racers, Graphite is considered the best!!
- Attach one wheel to one axle.
- Put the screw only 1/4" deep into the axle.
- Hold the dowel over the Jar of Graphite. Brush a little Graphite onto the screw. You want the Graphite to go between the hole of the wheel and the screw. Rotate the wheel 7-8 turns. Apply a little more Graphite to the screw and rotate the wheel 7-8 turns. [Repeat this step at least FIVE times.]
- The Graphite that falls off the screw and the wheel will go into the jar, to be brushed on the screw again!
- Tap the wheel against the jar to remove the excess Graphite.
- Tighten the screws so that there is a "Little" clearance between the head of the screw and the wheel.
- Repeat this process for all 4 wheels.