The Polishing Kit does two things:
First: It is a great way to spend a little more time with a child working on a Pinewood Derby Car!
Second: Polishing the wheels, screws, and the end of the dowel will definitely make a Pinewood Derby Car go much FASTER!!!
The Kit includes:
- Metal Polish: A Â¼ oz. jar. This is enough polish to do as many as 60 screws [thatâ€™s 15 Cars]**.
- Plastic Polish: A Â¼ oz. jar of a special water based polish for the wheels. This polish is the type that is used on jet aircraft windshields. It does not leave any residue on the wheel.
- 2 Different grit sandpapers
â€“ one fine and one slightly course.
- 1 Cardboard buffer.
- 1 - 12â€ piece of pipe cleaner.
- 1 Solid brass counter sink.
The Polishing Kit instructions include information on using the polish properly to tune your wheels. Plus, information on wheel alignment, weight placement and aerodynamics!
* You may want to get the Jar of Graphite[link] to go along with the Polishing Kit for maximum speed.
** Why enough for 15 Cars? If you are working with a group of Children, the Polishing Kit can be shared. If you are working on one Pinewood Derby Car, you will be able to fine tune your car before the race, besides, you will probably have another Derby next year and possibly the year after that too!